The South Luther Cemetery©Copyright: Jeri Danyleyko
Peepabun, located in Dufferin County, officially got its start in 1867 with the opening of a much needed post office.
The area had been settled somewhat earlier during the 1850s and began with a log school built on one of the farms. Since at the time the school was the only official building in the area, it was used for a variety of other purposes such as a church, a voting hall and for public gatherings. The log school was replaced with a brick schoolhouse in the 1880s. A non-denominational cemetery was established in 1861, followed by a Presbyterian church in 1869.
Peepabun was never anything more than a postal hamlet and had little to offer in the way of other services. At one time there was a sawmill and a store, however both only operated for a few brief years.
Today all that remains of Peepabun is the schoolhouse and cemetery. The schoolhouse is now used as a community centre.