The Narva schoolhouse, now a private home©Copyright: Jeri Danyleyko
Narva was a small settlement that offered a number of important services to an area that was otherwise desolate and sparsely populated. Primarily these were the school and post office.
The school was first established in the 1850s. The building in that school section was changed four times over the course of its existence. The last school survived until the mid 1960s, when the school system was centralized.
Besides the school, a post office operated for a number of years. There were only two postmasters, Neil McIntyre and William Moffat. In 1916, the post office was closed with the arrival of rural mail delivery.
Nothing remains of Narva, other than the schoolhouse, which is now a private home.