This building sits adjacent to the former Hall residence.©Copyright: Jeri Danyleyko
Halls Mills, located in Darling Township, Lanark County, was named for William Hall who arrived in 1856. By the 1870s he had established a busy sawmill. The settlement also included a blacksmith shop, post office, school and later, two stores.
The sawmill was Halls Mills' only major business. It was successful and remained in operation for many years. The mill produced both lumber and shingles which were shipped out on a regular basis. From the mid 90s onward, the mill also handled grain threshing.
Halls Mills is known to have survived into the 1940s. Today two early buildings remain, one of which is William Hall's original home.