Burton's main street©Copyright: Jeri Danyleyko
Burton was a tiny little post office and hamlet located in what is now Victoria County. Although the population was never large, Burton managed to support a surprising number of services, given its small size.
Although very little information is available on Burton, it is known that at one time it contained a blacksmith shop, a general store, a hotel, school and a Presbyterian church. An Orange Lodge was located in the nearby vicinity. The community was probably settled in the 1850s with the post office opening in 1861.
Today nothing remains of the early town site but the area remains populated by rural dwellers and a number of very attractive homes.