masthead image

Whitfield

Town Site Photos

Historical signA historical sign, erected in front of the church in 2001, marks the location of the former community of Whitfield. "Once known as Beechnut Corners. Major settlement on Hurontario St. By 1880: 3 stores, 2 sawmills, blacksmith shop, lime kiln, school, 3 churches, post office & 2 taverns. Some descendants of the original families still farm in this area." ©Copyright: Jeri Danyleyko